- Carpenter, Sugar, and Velvety Tree Ants Ant control requires an integrated and situational approach. Typically we begin the treatment by attempting to locate the source of the ants, i.e., the nest and satellite nests. If located, the most complete control is accomplished when the nests are treated with a residual spray or dust directly. This may involve drilling small 5/32nd of an inch holes in hollow doors, wall voids, ceiling voids, cabinet spaces, etc. The drilled areas will be filled and hidden with a silicone caulking. To ensure a complete treatment, we spray the exterior (foundation/eaves/nesting areas on the property) with a residual insecticide, and depending on the situation, sprinkle out granular bait for the ants to bring back to the nest.
- Termites Due to the fact that termite control includes many variables, a thorough inspection is needed to develop a treatment plan. Traditionally the first step in termite control is to remove scrap wood, firewood, and any other wood materials that are in contact with the soil. The next step in our typical treatment process is to provide a barrier between the colony in the soil and the wood in the structure to be protected. Most termite control jobs use a combination of these methods, but soil treatment with a residual material is the most common control or preventive method.
- Yellow Jackets/Hornets/Paper Wasps Effective control for these three types of wasps otherwise known as "Social Wasps" is to scout out the nests around the property and treat. We then proceed to treat the structure(s) (eaves and foundation). The treatment will kill the nests directly and prevent other social wasps from nesting on the structure(s).
- Mice/Rats We begin this treatment with an inspection for signs of activity, such as droppings, rub marks, and entry points. There are several ways we solve the problem depending on the situation such as the use of baited and unbaited snap traps, placement of anticoagulant rodenticides inside a protected bait station around the outside of the property and/or in the crawl space, and the blockage of entry points by using hard-ware cloth, sheet metal, or steel-wool.
- Cockroaches Because cockroaches are typically brought into structures from an outside source, the potentially infested areas should first be closely inspected before a treatment plan is created. An effective cockroach management program depends on good sanitation to eliminate the food, water, and harbor-age they need for survival. A typical treatment may include treating around sinks and fixtures that are mounted to the wall or floor, around all types of plumbing, baseboards, shelves, cabinets, doorframes, electrical outlets, and general kitchen appliances.
- Fleas Effective flea control requires an indoor treatment with residual material in combination with an insect growth regulator which blocks development of the flea larvae. This includes treatment of carpeted areas, furniture where pets reside, and cracks and crevices on hard floors. Flea control requires that people and pets should remain out of the treated area until all surfaces have dried and the area has been ventilated.
- Box Elder Beetles For the most complete control of Box Elder Beetles we will provide a full exterior treatment of the property. This treatment includes the application of a residual material to the following places: eaves, siding, foundation of the structure and foundation of trees. The objective of the treatment is to kill the female & nymph box elder beetles so they will not continue to breed. It will also create a barrier around your structure and property which will discourage the beetles from coming back on a seasonal basis.
- Spiders For Spider control we identify clutter and debris inside and outside structures such as scrap lumber, woodpiles, and other harbor-age areas.We will provide a full exterior treatment of the property. This treatment includes the application of a residual material to eaves, siding, crawl space(s), and foundation of the structure. Indoor crack & crevasse treatment will be applied accordingly.
Call us about all general pest treatment which includes: Social Wasps, Ants, Spiders, Centipedes, Millipedes, Moths, Flies, Silverfish, and Pantry Pests.